Declaration to the Costs Lawyer Standards Board (CLSB) to provide services of a Costs Lawyer in England & Wales on a temporary or occasional basis
Instructions to the applicant
To be eligible to apply you must be able to evidence to the CLSB that:
- you are a qualified Costs Lawyer (or equivalent) in a recognised jurisdiction; and
- you have followed the full route to qualification in that jurisdiction; and
- you are entitled to practice in that recognised jurisdiction; and
- you satisfy character and suitability requirements; and
- you are sufficiently fluent in English to properly advise clients and to undertake the profession of Costs Lawyer.
Reference to Home State is reference to the Member State where you are established. All required documentation must be submitted with your application before it can be considered by the CLSB. Disclosure of offences may not count against you but failure to disclose will.