Application for a 2022 Practising Certificate
How it works
After reading these instructions, begin your application by clicking 'start' below, and 'next' at the end of each section. You can also use the section headings on the left to move around the application pages at any time.
To protect your data the form will not save anything you have entered if you leave it for more than 20 minutes without doing anything. This means you will need certain information to hand before you begin. As long as your Costs Lawyer number is entered below, you can click through the headings on the left to check what information is required. In summary you will need:
- Your personal details, including your organisation’s address and phone number
- Details of the CPD you completed during the last practising year
- Evidence of parental leave taken if you wish to apply for fee remission in line with our policy outlined in the Parental Leave FAQs at the bottom of this webpage
- Evidence of your professional indemnity insurance and complaints handling procedure (unless you work exclusively for a firm regulated by the SRA or in-house)
- Information about your practice during the current practising year
A Fee Note and a copy of the information that you enter in your application will be emailed to you after submission of this form. Please use the Fee Note to arrange payment. Your application is not complete until your payment has been received.