With effect from 1 January 2013 CLSB introduced a scheme that allows Costs Lawyers with a current practising certificate (i.e. regulated Costs Lawyers) to use a Mark of Regulation which identifies them (not their employer, as CLSB regulates individuals not entities) as being the following:
- Qualified as a Costs Lawyer.
- Regulated by the CLSB.
- Authorised under the Legal Services Act 2007 to undertake the Reserved Legal Activities of:
(i) The exercise of a right of audience.
(ii) The conduct of litigation.
(iii) The administration of oaths.
- Required to undertake 12 Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points per year.
- Required to have in place a first-tier complaints handling procedure.
- Required to have in place a minimum level of professional indemnity insurance.
The Register of Regulated Costs Lawyers identifies those licensed to use the Mark of Regulation. Should you believe the Mark of Regulation is being misused or used by persons not authorised then please contact CLSB who will do all possible to ensure the integrity of its Mark of Regulation:
Manchester, M3 3WR
Phone: 0161 956 8969